This engineer will be responsible for systems engineering, detailed design aspects, planning and execution of projects. Projects will be for new and existing products. This work requires the ability to understand and make decisions based upon fundamental engineering principles and is performed with minimal direction. This position exercises considerable latitude in determining the technical objectives of assignments.
- B.S. Engr., Physics or related, plus 9 – 11 years of related industry experience
- M.S. Engr., Physics or related, plus 7 – 9 years of related industry experience
- Ph.D. Engr., Physics or related, plus 4 – 7 years of related industry experience
- Experience in opto-mechanical engineering required.
- Working knowledge of kinematic design principles, precision adjustment design, material selection, FEA (static stress and modal analysis), thermal analysis and design for manufacturability required.
- Working knowledge of optical design and analysis preferred.
- Experience with SolidWorks and Cosmos preferred.