Technical oversight and project lead of various environmental engineering projects including budgeting, staffing, site coordination, and project management, including but not limited to the following:
- Air permitting and compliance (Title V, GPLPE)
- Wastewater permitting and compliance (NPDES/SPDES/MISC Permits, DMRs)
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment System Design
- Plan writing (SWPPP/SPCC/Hazardous Waste Contingency Plans)
- EPCRA, TRI, and RCRA Hazardous Waste Reporting
- Stormwater Compliance
- Industrial waste management including performing waste determinations
- Environmental training of all levels of education
- Environmental auditing and reporting
- Contract negotiations and managing budgets
Duties will require field work including facility inspections, oversight, and water, soil, waste, and/or stormwater sampling. The candidate must be able and willing to conduct field work when required.
Minimum of a B.S. Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, or closely related field required. Certification in an environmental field is desirable (PE, LEP, CHMM). Candidate must have excellent technical writing and communications skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel throughout Connecticut and occasionally other New England States. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification preferred. Experience with AutoCAD is a plus. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Job Requirements
- The ability to communicate and interact with staff, contractors, and clientel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and CT environmental regulations.
- The successful candidate will be well organized and conduct themselves in a professional manner. Data collection, technical writing, and interaction with federal and state agencies as well as a diverse client base is critical.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to drive independently to various job sites.
Hiring is contingent on passing a physical.
Interested applicants please email your resume to Facility Support Services, LLC Attn: Michele Viarengo, Office Manager at email@example.com