If you’re unsure how to begin the conversation, Leesa Schipani, SHRM-SCP, a partner with KardasLarson, advises asking the following:
- What motivates you to stay with the organization?
- Why do you want to succeed in your role?
- Which aspects of our culture work for you? Which do not?
- If you were your own manager, how would you manage yourself?
- How can I help you have a more rewarding experience each day?
During the conversation, “you need to be prepared to hear some negative things about the organization and your leadership style,” Schipani cautions.
Continue reading on: Connecticut Innovations