Learning & Development Manager opening in Southeastern CT. This is an upgrade position from a Training Manager role, open due to retirement.
The position responsibilities are shifting from a Training Manager role to Learning & Development and Training. This includes, in addition to training, a more proactive approach which would include developing, administering and interpreting needs assessments. Also, program development to address the results of the needs assessment. This position would also be responsible for integrating technology with Learning & Development.
- Plans, develops, implements and assesses learning and development programs including those facilitated internally or utilizing outside resources, and other educational opportunities.
- Works with Senior Management to develop and implement a comprehensive learning and development strategy based on organizational needs.
- Analyzes, recommends, negotiates and maintains learning and development vendor contracts. Ensures relationships are managed in a cost-effective manner and evaluates the quality of all services and costs on an on-going basis. Prepares and manages budget.
- Promotes a culture of continual learning and professional development for all employees through organization’s University.
- Advises and counsels employees on development opportunities as needed.
- Oversees the facilitation of various in-house learning and development programs for new employees’ onboarding such as technology, procedures, regulations, and customer service skills.
Specifications & Requirements
Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent in specialized course work and training. Five to seven years of related experience in learning and development. Demonstrated presentation skills, strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Able to use various types of office equipment.