Presenter: Leesa Schipani
Hosted By: CTCPA
When: Thursday, November 15, 2018
Time: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (opens at 7:45 AM)
Where: CTCPA Education Center, Rocky Hill
Registration Fees: $180 Members / $305 Non-Members
This popular CTCPA conference addresses the skills that new and young professionals need to become successful leaders in the accounting profession. It features sessions on negotiating, blockchain, preparing to serve on a board, managing and prioritizing your day, and getting effective feedback from managers and peers.
Download the conference flyer.
Asking for Feedback: A Critical Capability for Your Success!
Presented by Leesa Schipani, SHRM-SCP, KardasLarson Consulting and Susan J. Hannigan, CPA
Being vulnerable and asking your supervisor, peers, direct reports and clients for constructive criticism may be out of your comfort zone. You’re not alone and this is a muscle that needs to be built. This workshop will help you establish the confidence to ask for feedback and show you how this skill will benefit your career. In this session, you will learn:
- The benefits of gathering performance and style feedback
- Best practices around “how” to ask for feedback without becoming defensive
- Strategies to demonstrate that you heard the feedback
- Tactics for keeping the feedback loop going
- How being self aware will increase engagement in the workplace