In the State of Connecticut, Governor Lamont has released the list of business that he classifies as “essential businesses”:
- Essential workers in the 16 Critical Infrastructure Sectors, as defined by the federal Department of Homeland Security unless otherwise addressed in a prior or future executive order pertaining to the existing declared public health and civil preparedness emergency.
- Healthcare and related operations
- All manufacturing and corresponding supply chains, including aerospace, agriculture, and related support businesses
- Retail including:
- appliances, electronics, computers, and telecom equipment
- big-box stores or wholesale clubs, provided they also sell groceries, consumer health products, or operate a pharmacy
- convenience stores
- gas stations
- grocery stores including all food and beverage retailers
- guns and ammunition
- hardware, paint, and building material stores, including home appliance sales/repair
- liquor/package stores and manufacturer permittees
- pet and pet supply stores
- Food and agriculture
- Services (full list)
- Providers of basic necessities to economically disadvantaged populations
- Services necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operations of all residences and other buildings (including services necessary to secure and maintain non-essential workplaces)
- Vendors that provide essential services or products, including logistics and technology support, child care, and services needed to ensure the continuing operation of government agencies and provide for the health, safety and welfare of the public
If the function of your business is not listed above, but you believe that it is essential or it is an entity providing essential services or functions, you may request designation as an Essential Business.
Requests by businesses to be designated an essential function as described above, should ONLY be made if they are NOT covered by the guidance.
Governor Lamont’s list follows the “16 Critical Infrastructure Centers” as defined by federal Department of Homeland Security.
- Commercial Facilities
- Critical Manufacturing
- Defense Industrial Base
- Emergency Services
- Financial Services
- Food and Agriculture
- Government Facilities
- Healthcare and Public Health
- Information Technology
- Nuclear Reactors, Materials, and Waste
- Transportation Systems
- Water and Wastewater
All employers are to follow the Governor’s Executive Order effective at 8 PM on Monday, March 23rd. KardasLarson is always available to assist our clients in working through these challenging times.